Monday, March 9, 2015

Dr. Seuss

Thanks to the wonderful world of Pinterest, here are some crafts my class made for Read Across America!


The Lorax!  This was a very interactive project and allowed for varying levels of difficulty!  His mustache was sketched from students's hands, and my higher functioning students were able to cut out the eyes, pupils, nose, and eyebrows.  My lower functioning students had these items pre-cut for them.  

Perhaps in one of my future posts I can show you how I set up my leveled projects.  This may seem easy to some, but it took me some time to achieve this in an organized way.  Its very similar to something the TEACCH would use.


This is adorable! One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish!
This was very interactive, and required students to follow directions. For example: each time they stamped a painted hand, they were instructed to wash their hands and return - this was a multi-stepped task, and they did very well.  Peer modeling is very effective!


Here are some very cute printables!  I wanted to make sure I had plenty of Dr. Seuss related activities, and I still have more on my desk.  The Truffle Tree book was great!  It required student concentration, and made a great opportunity for manding missing items in a scenario.  We were able to use them later for story time and everyone had a book!  The other Cat in the Hat ditto was just a fun coloring activity.  One of my students independently added the stripes on his hat!




Okay....that's all I have for today...until next time!!!!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment